Home » Event Planning & Catering
Category Archives: Event Planning & Catering
With gorgeous natural landscape and plenty of stunning beaches, it’s always an exciting occasion to host an outdoor event in Bali. However with any outdoor events, there’s always the issue of food and beverage serving and how to best preserve them. What should you know before you get in contact with a Bali catering to help out with your celebrations?
Having a “summer-friendly” menu and catering equipment is important
Although weather is often unpredictable in the tropics, it’s well-known that Bali has an “all-year summer” climate. So make sure that you take this into consideration. It’s also a good idea to browse and ask references for Bali catering company that has plenty of experience handling events located outdoor; most often are clifftop weddings, beach weddings, birthdays, and anniversaries. Bali also has plenty of restaurants with gorgeous outdoor view—ones that are available for event renting. It’s another way of solving the issues for caterers for your outdoor event. Have a restaurant handle all of your food and beverage needs.
Outdoor menu ideas for your Bali catering
While menu options are virtually endless and there are certainly ways to preserve the food, keeping the nature of the food and dishes themselves in mind is extremely crucial when holding an event on the outdoor. The freshness of the food itself are second to none.
Some Indonesian dishes has natural anti-bacterial properties thanks to the variety spices it uses. Take Rendang, for example. This cuisine from Sumatra’s Minangkabau people is known to be able to have a month’s shelf life without any refrigerating if cooked the right way. Some of the spices used in the dish is known to have effective antimicrobial properties and helps preserve the meat for an impressive amount of time. With that said, consult experienced caterers in Bali on creating suitable menu for your outdoor event.
Some other things to note:
- Prepare plenty of refreshing and hydrating beverages. We’ll talk about some of the favorite examples at a later point.
- If you’re having a wedding reception, then be sensible and don’t ask your wedding catering Bali to have your cake out during the whole event. Heat, especially since you’re having outdoor event, would make your cake spoil at a faster rate. Have your cake out nearing the end instead.
Healthy beverages ideas to consult your chosen catering Bali
Here are some of the freshest and delicious drinks that you can serve all day long:
- Fruit juices. You can easily find a wide variety of tropical fruits in Bali; ones that would cost a fortune if you purchase it at home. Some of the favorites of the Balinese and Indonesian locals in general are: banana, mango, guava, pineapple, papaya. All of these fruits can be obtained with a reasonable price anywhere in Bali, so your caterer shouldn’t have any issues obtaining them. Take note that some fruits are seasonal, like mango and durian.
- Imported fruit juices: Bali is not known as producers of apples, they’re mostly grown in the mountainous areas of Bogor and other places. But if you particularly love the fruit and would love to feature it among your fruits or juices, then the Fuji apple is particularly popular here.
- Mix and vegetable juice. Get creative and mix spinach with oranges or carrots with guava—not only they’re notably nutritious, these types of menu taste so goo as well. They’d also make your guests feel like VIP getting served detox beverages in a spa.
You may want to read:
Catering menu is often a huge concern for those who have an upcoming company meeting or celebratory occasion in Bali. The difficult part is not determining which menu you should get, but where to start. Before choosing a specific catering Bali, you’re going to need to create an overall planning for your event. Holding an event in Bali, Island of Gods, is a special occasion for many. While the catering menu is merely a fragment of what makes a good event, it’s still an important part that an event planner shouldn’t overlook. How should you approach food planning for your upcoming occasion?
Take the time to know the profiles of your attendees
You’re gong to invite all these people over as guests for your events. Chances are, you’ve known some of the people who are going to attend your event. But in many cases such as a general get-together of a big company, it’s normal not to know the majority of guests who are attending. However, you can still gather some information that can prove to be useful for planning your event. These information include:
- Previous similar events your guests have attended
- Your guests’ professional background
Ask your event’s guests in person before deciding on a catering service
Most of the information on preferences you’ll have in mind about your guests would simply be an assumption at this point. No matter how accurate you think you are according to the general profile you’ve gathered about your guests. If you’re eager to cater to what your guests prefer, then step it up by directly asking them.
Also read: How to Spot A Good Sports Bar Seminyak
You may not be able to ask each and every one of your attendees. So start with the people you know. Ask them for several ideas of the food they may like. You can give them several questions to kickstart your search, such as:
- What kind of entrée do you like?
- Any preferences on salad dressing?
- What main course would you love to eat?
- Dessert ideas you’d like to taste?
You can also ask their preferences from several given options. This is especially true for the types of origins of the food. Ask “Which one(s) do you prefer?”
- Italian food
- Japanese food
- Southeast Asian food
Catering in Bali is quite diverse; there are various caterers that specialize in different things. So you won’t have t o worry that you’ll run out of choices to spoil your guests. This does not have to be the full-theme of your entire event. For instance, you can opt for Japanese food for appetizers, then have Mediterranean cuisine as an entrée. Let your creative juices flow and adapt according to what the event calls for.
Catering Bali: Always consult with your catering company
Regardless of what you want, your Bali catering company are the ones who have the experience in event services. Ask them for advices on what works and what doesn’t. Any catering company would have a certain specialty in their event services. Choose a catering Bali that meets your needs. But whether you choose a plated meal format or a buffet catering Bali the best approach is still to communicate your ideas clearly and aim to work with them.